Friday, January 21, 2011

FIF Challenge # 8 - Give A Hoot

Hey All My Crafty Friends


Well it's time for another challenge over at FLAUNT IT FRIDAYS.
For this week the design team was asked to use the BEAR and TRASH CAN cut ( page 61) from the Give A Hoot cartridge.  I will say I had to literally knock the dust off this cartridge to use it... lol
I think we all get so many cartridge in our collection that we forget about some of the older cartridges...(They need our LOVE too !! ) :0)

So on to my project .... I wasnt really quite sure what I wanted to do with this cut for several days.. I pondered a card, a tag or maybe even an altered item...but nothing really sparked my creative juices...
Then I went into my youngest daughters room.... TORNADO ALLEY !!! I was truly shocked to see the mess... Let's just say I was fit to be tied... But on a positive note... I knew what to do with cut...

So here is what I made with this cut ... A simple reminder that I can just hang on the door to remind my daughter that she need to CLEAN HER ROOM !!! :0)


Clean UR Room Door Hanger

Close - Up of Bear
( I used black brads for his eyes)
ANd in my world Trash Cans are covered in GLITTER.. :0)


Project Recipe :

Give A Hoot Catridge Page 61 Bear and Trash Can cut @ 3 inches
Locker Talk cartridge Door Hanger Page 68 cut @ 10 1/2 inches
I used Recycled Cereal Boxes to cut the Door Hanger cut 3 times
Then I used Black Coordination Cardstock to cover the front in back
Coordination Cardstock - Magenta Layer key ( cover front & back )
Black Brads for the Bear Eyes
Random Rhinstones (various sizes)
Black Letter Stickers (Stickabilities) 1 1/4 GUTS - Hobby Lobby
Stickles - Cotton Candy

Well I think that is it for me today... I hope you have enjoyed my project  I think it turned out FLAUNTABULOUS !!!! So hop on over to Flaunt It Fridays and join in on all the fun... Also stop by the other design team member blogs and see the incredible projects they came up using this cut. Dont forget to upload your project to the FIF blog so I can come by and see how you FLAUNT IT !!!  

Until Next Time

Hugs & Scraps

Melissa  



9 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just awesome! I need to make DD one to hang of DGD's door!! :)

the cricutologist said...

This is fabulous! I love this!!!! Great job! I may join this challenge!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! Great colors and a great idea too:) I can't believe I missed you on the list of design team members. I am so sorry. Love Love your blog, you are very talented. I am now a follower:)

Saundra said...

Melissa, I love your glittered up trash can!!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

JennyKozar said...

This is fantastic! I think I need 3 of these for each of my lovely children. LOL!!

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty I love the little door hanger

Paula Bee said...

This is just too cute! I love all the bling and glitter you used. :)

Rose said...

Your doorhanger is just adorable, I love all the glitter and bling!!

Raven B said...

HAHAHA I am totally scrap lifting this idea for my kiddos!!!! haha so cute.
Hugs,
Raven

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...