Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween Flower Card (WHAT?) Creativity Challenge # 3

Well this morning I am working on Halloween card, as I was picking papers for the card mats I came across this really cute candy corn paper that I probably have had in my stash for several years. ( I literally had to wipe the dust off of it)...lol.

I do love Halloween, it has always been one of those time when you can let your imagination run wild, and no one thinks your a "WEIRDO"...  Being the mother to all girls, I always hated when people would try to scare them at Halloween and have spent many Halloween nights standing in someone's yard consoling them, after being scared to death by some "chain-saw carrying masked man"....

So for this card I kept it simple but added something I have never seen on any Halloween card thus far....A FLOWER....  The inspiration came for the colors in the candy corns and I FINALLY broke out the I-Top and used it to make a candy corn brad for the center of my flower.  I can see the I-Top and I are going to become really close friends ...lol (this tool is awesome). I also used Heidi Swap stamps for the flourish behind the flower and used black UTEE for the trick or treat and edges around the mat.  It  gives it a raised "spooky " feeling. The flower came from Forever Young cut at various sizes to give it a graduated look, and I inked the edges with distress ink to tie the colors together.



Remember CREATIVITY is EASYyou just have to DREAM


Hugs & Scraps
Melissa

2 comments:

mum of two said...

Love it! And the candy corn brad... just perfection :)

michelle

THEBUZYBUG said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...