Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CCC CHALLENGE # 47

Hey Crafty Friends


This week over at CCC the design team was asked to make a Breast Cancer Awareness card, using any cartridge and color.  Breast Cancer Research is a organization that I try to support when ever I can.  My Grandmother died of breast cancer in 1997 and my mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor for 15 years now...

Breast cancer research has come along way since my Granmother had it. It is true some of us will get breast cancer and some of us will not, but prevention is the key... I know we are all very busy but it only takes a few minutes to check for lumps and getting yearly female exams is a must... We as mothers spend so much time taking care of everybody else that we seem to never have enough time for ourselves. 

So to all my readers please take the time to take care of yourself...with that said I am getting down from the "SOAP BOX"..lol

So back to the challenge..... when I found out I would be making a breast cancer card the ideas seem to pour out from everywhere.....I don't know why maybe because it means so much to me that we find a cure....So in typical "Melissa Style".  I started thinking "outside the box".  I knew I didn't want to do a typical pink ribbon card, but what to do..... I wanted to remind all my girlfriends that taking care of themselves is important but I had to add a little humor to a sometimes uncomfortable subject.

So here it is:  I hope it makes you smile and reminds you to take care of yourself.



Card Front

Pedestal Flap

Card is a Pedestal Card 4/1/4 x 5 1/2 (each mat is 1/4 in smaller than the previous)
Boo (Mini Monsters) of course I did !!!!
Bees (Create A Critter) cut @ 2,1 1/2, 1 inch
Wording (Feeling Groovy)
Check Mark (Hand Cut)
Black Brads (from my Stash)
Diamond Stickles (wings)
Devine Swirls Cuttlebug Folder
Foam Dots (bees and sentiment)



Like I said earlier the ideas started coming from way deep inside this "quirky head " of mine so by the time I finished I had made about 6 cards for this one challenge. ....Cool Huh?

So I will be giving these to my friends this week to remind them to take care of themselves also.

I will be posting them over the next few days so you to can see them also.

I invite all of you to make a Breast Cancer Card for some one you love and care about....It only takes a little while and who knows it might make a difference it someones life.

Need some Creative Inspiration?
Come join us at CCC the design team has some absolutley wonderful cards to get your creativity flowing...
Already have some idea?
We would love to see them post them at CCC so we can come and visit you and see what you have been up too.
Sorry for such a long blog post, but sometimes you just gotta SAY IT!!! lol...
Until Next Time


Hugs & Scraps
Melissa



19 comments:

mum of two said...

How creative is that?? I love your boo-bees card! So cute. TFS :)

michelle (CCC DT#2)

Blue6366 said...

Oh my goodness that is just too cute.....love the play on words you've got going on.

Janis Lewis said...

I checked my Boo=Bees last night. Feels ok to me. I'm so glad I have such fun friends!! Nothing but love for you, girlie!! Boo-Beeees.... Love it. Hey, you could have put "Don't get stung by cancer, check your boo-bees." hahahaha Hugs!

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE this card! :o) It's funny and a great reminder! You did an awesome job on this weeks Challenge! :o)
Theresa (DT#2)

Kristin said...

Such a cute card!! You did a great job on this weeks challenge!

Anita said...

Love it!! Great minds think alike we both used the BEE!! Great Job on this challenge.

Sharon said...

Awesome! This is just the cutest card I've seen!!
Such a wonderful and fun way to remind! Love it!
:)

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

That is the most clever and cute card for Breast Cancer Awareness that I have ever seen. I absolutely love it.
TFS
Cindy

Evelyn said...

Totally love this card , great reminder and so fun

Jennifer said...

Melissa,

I absolutley LOVE this card! You did such a great job on it.....and I'm sure that most of us got a little giggle out of it even though it is for such a great cause!

Awesome :)

Jennifer DT#1

created by connie said...

Very cute! Very creative! Love the saying!

Connie:) (DT2)

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Your card is too adorable. I LOVE it.

Vee (CCC DT2)

beejay said...

That's adorable love all the boos & bees! Very creative on this week's challenge DT team mate!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Super cute card Melissa!

Ruthie :)

Raven B said...

Melissa I laughed so hard when I saw your card. SUPER cute.
Hugs,
Raven

Tanya said...

I love this card!! So cute :)

Monica Ward said...

This card is too cute Melissa. Love it! Great job on CCC #47!

Maria Matter said...

oh Melissa, I love this! So very creative...and adorable!
hugs & blessings!

Valerie said...

Oh gosh, I love your card!! Super creative :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...